Tel: +86 152 2121 2808 |
• Bachelor of Business and Information Management – University of Auckland, New Zealand
• Graduate Diploma in Commerce – University of Auckland, New ZealandCertifications
• Chartered Accountant – Australia and New Zealand
• Certified Fraud Examiner – Association of Certified Fraud ExaminersAffiliations
• Association of China Compliance ProfessionalsBio
Howard Wang joined H&A in 2019 and oversees the firm’s operations across seven offices in Asia. Mr. Wang specialises in fraud investigations, corporate compliance, security consulting and crisis management in Asia and has in-depth industry knowledge of pharmaceutical, automobile, manufacturing and modern service sectors.
Prior to H&A, Mr. Wang gained more than 12 years of experience in both public and private sectors – most recently an seven-year career as a Principal at Control Risks, a leading global risk consultancy. Mr. Wang also served two years at EY’s forensics and integrity services as a senior accountant in China. Throughout his career, Mr. Wang has led more than 250 financial statement fraud investigations, US FCPA due diligence and assessments, contract and procurement investigations, crisis and security engagements, conflict of interest investigations, litigation support matters and tax-related investigations in China and Australasia. His recent project experience includes:
• Led an investigation into allegations of internal corruption for a major US Insurance company’s mainland China and Hong Kong subsidiaries. The investigation was comprised of multiple work streams including forensic accounting review, digital forensic review and external enquiries work streams.
• Led an investigation into a bid-rigging allegation for an international engineering firm involving a large infrastructure project in China.
• Led an investigation into large-scale kickback and corruption allegations for a European client’s retail and decoration and construction businesses in China and Vietnam.
• Led an internal investigation and crisis management of breaches of code of conduct by top management of a leading global pharmaceutical and consumer healthcare company, and assisted with forming corporate defense strategies.
• Completed FCPA due diligence on a distributor of biotech equipment in China and Indonesia for a Fortune 500 global biotechnology company.
Mr. Wang lived and worked in New Zealand for nine years, including three years as an Investigations Officer with the Inland Revenue Department, where he led a number of tax evasion and avoidance investigations for clients ranging from high-wealth individuals to large corporations. He speaks fluent English and Mandarin Chinese.