Director, Hill & Associates Limited
Tel: +86 138 1898 6380 |
• Bachelor of Arts – Zhejiang University, China
• MBA – University of Southern California, USABio
Daniel Wang is the Director of H&A's China Outbound consulting business. In this role, he is tasked with expanding our security services to Chinese companies, particularly SOEs, as they engage via the "Belt and Road" in some of the world’s most hostile countries. Daniel specialises in business intelligence, risk management consulting, security services and crisis management, with in-depth industry knowledge in manufacturing, oil and gas, energy, infrastructure, mining, FMCG and fast food retail.
Daniel brings over 15 years of consulting experience for Chinese SOEs and MNCs to this role. Immediately before joining H&A, he served seven years as the Director of Global Client Services at Control Risks, a leading global risk consultancy, where he played an instrumental role in managing and delivering over 100 risk management and security projects for some of China’s most prominent SOEs and private companies, often operating in highly challenging environments. He also served eight years as a Senior Consultant for Technomic Asia, an American strategy consulting firm, where he led more than 100 business intelligence and commercial due diligence cases, M&A and market entry engagements, advising multinational companies entering the China market.
Highlights of Daniel's project experience include:
• Cultivated dozens of high-profile contracts and delivered security consulting to all three of China’s major oil and gas companies, including security reviews in Iraq, Yemen, Sudan and Uganda; executive protection services in Turkey; risk assessments and embedded security management service in various high-risk countries including Chad and Niger, and approximately 20 security management training courses for senior managers of Chinese SOEs in China, UK, Dubai and other countries;
• Managed a global team to provide security and crisis management support to China’s leading technology company in South Sudan, Turkey, Nigeria, South Africa and other countries;
• Assisted a multi-national Chinese construction and energy firm to solve security and commercial disputes after a high profile terrorist attack by Islamist militants with several employees kidnapped;
• Organized events and a series of seminars along with the leading SOEs and government institutions in China since 2013, both inside and outside of China
Daniel Wang is a native Chinese speaker and fluent in English. He has travelled to and worked in Iraq, UAE, South Sudan, Sudan, Chad, Cameroon, Niger, Mozambique, Nigeria, Angola, Uganda, Algeria, Montenegro, Ethiopia, Ecuador, Colombia, Brazil, South Africa, Zambia, Kenya, Myanmar, Ethiopia and Kazakhstan.